Wildlife Photographer of the Year : Very Interesting Stuff


 
                                                                                                                                                   









The annual Wildlife Photographer of the YearJoin me @ forangelsonly Competition finds the very best wildlife images taken by the world's top professional and amateur photographers.

Ten long months spent stalking the rare and elusive snow leopard in temperatures as low as -40ºC paid off for a dogged photographer.


Join me @ forangelsonly

An image of the Himalayan big cat, silhouetted against a black sky filled with snow, won the aptly-named Steve Winter the Wildlife Photographer of the Year award.


The picture captures the majestic beauty of the endangered leopard and the bitingly cold and hostile high-altitude landscape it manages to survive in.

An estimated 3,500-7,000 snow leopards (Uncia uncia) survive in the high-altitude regions of the Himalayas and mountains of Central Asia. A fearsome predator, it has suffered a steep decline in numbers because of poaching for its highly-prized skin and body parts.

An exhibition of the winning images will be on view at the Natural History Museum from October 31 2008 - April 26 2009.

Last year the exhibition attracted almost 134,000 visitors and was later seen by more than 1m people at regional and international venues.



Join me @ forangelsonly

Troublemaker – Stefano Unterthiner, Italy. Winner, animal portraits

Join me @ forangelsonly

Sacrifice - David Maitland, UK. Winner - One Earth Award

Join me @ forangelsonly

Clash of eagles – Antoni Kasprzak, Poland. Winner, behaviour – birds

Join me @ forangelsonly

Frodo's prize - Cyril Ruoso, France. Winner, behaviour – Mammals

Join me @ forangelsonly

Deadlock - David Maitland, United Kingdom. Winner, behaviour - Other Animals

Join me @ forangelsonly

Sun jelly - Carlos Virgili, Spain. Winner, Nature in Black and White

Join me @ forangelsonly

Polar sunrise - Miguel Lasa, UK. Winner, Creative Visions of Nature

Join me @ forangelsonly

Swamp cypress - Cece Fabbro, USA. Winner, Praise of plants

Join me @ forangelsonly

Battle of the Bears - Tom Mills, UK. Junior awards, Specially Commended

Join me @ forangelsonly

Orcas at sunset

- Nuno Sá, Portugal. Highly Commended - Animals in their Environment


Join me @ forangelsonly

Whooper lift-off - Ellen Anon, USA. Highly Commended - Animals in their Environment

http://www.imuploader.com/images/dkv1aprcikkavwde2o2.jpg

Sandpiper congregation - Arthur Morris, USA. Highly commended - Animal behaviour: birds

Join me @ forangelsonly

Colourful business - Noam Kortler, Israel. Highly commended - The underwater world

Join me @ forangelsonly

Bee-eater ballet - Chris van Rooyen, South Africa. Highly commended - Animal portraits

Join me @ forangelsonly

Sea of life - Brian Skerry, USA. Visitor choice - The Underwater World

Join me @ forangelsonly

Treetop jigsaw in Malaysia - Brittany Fried, USA. Highly commended - 10 years and under







http://i37.tinypic.com/iz9cnq.jpghttp://i37.tinypic.com/iz9cnq.jpg

Priya

0 comments:

Wow Mailz

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Back to TOP